Tips for Kids to Help Impact Climate ChangeCommunity
At Little Yogis we intend to create a community; to involve everyone in being part of the climate change solution (because let’s face it, it’s going to take all of us). From the person who does everything right for the planet, to the person who is a “power” Amazon prime user (🙋) — we ALL have a vested interest in the future of our planet.
Climate change is real and it’s here. In order to save our planet, it's going to take everyone's help to fight our global climate crisis. We need collective action, and we need to educate our children on the topic.
There is no doubt that the future generation will face enormous challenges when it comes to the impact of climate change. The time is NOW to take action. The greatest thing we can do to save the Earth is to empower our little ones with the mindset that they can save the planet.
That is why we have partnered with CarbonForest as our charitable partner to create awareness within our community about climate change; and to help parents and teachers educate their kids about how to create lasting positive change.
Here are 10 ways your family can help reduce your carbon footprint today!
- Eat your Fruit and Veggies
- Livestock accounts for some of Earth’s heat-trapping gas emissions. (Yep, it’s those stinky cow toots!) Eating more plant-based foods is better for your belly and our Earth!
- Turn off the water when you brush your teeth
- Run the water just to rinse your toothbrush and gargle. It’s a common habit to let the water run while you brush, but the water going down the drain is simply wasted, and it’s more than you might think.
- Run appliances on energy saver mode
- Air dry clothes when possible
- You’ll be saving energy by not using the dryer. The heat from the sun is actually killing surface bacteria as well. About 30 minutes in the sun is all you need for an extra disinfecting boost.
- Reduce plastic waste by using reusable storage containers such as thermoses, water bottles, and food storage bags.
- Actively reduce waste, recycle, and compost
- Turn off lights when you are not using them
- Replace incandescent with fluorescent lights
- The amount of electricity you consume goes down more than a whopping 80%!
- Close doors and windows immediately so heat does not escape
- Walk or bike when you can
- Biking or walking just one mile a day for a year could save 330 pounds of carbon dioxide—that’s the same as planting four trees and letting them grow for 10 years!
Most importantly, empower our little ones! Let them know that they CAN make a difference.
Join us on our mission to offset our carbon footprints and collectively save our planet! Visit Carbon Forest to find out how you can become a member today!